Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Holiday !

Hi my readers ! It's almost 3 months since I last updated !
I was again busy with school assignments and my holiday only officially started on 3rd March !

School
Semester 2.2 was crazy , so was I almost driven crazy .
My stress threshold was pushed a lot higher and my time management and stress management were put to test as well .

Firstly , instructions for assignments were really vague at times , hence I was at a loss ; I did not know exactly what to do and if I was doing the right thing .
Secondly , there were so many assignments , especially during Term 2 of the semester .
Thirdly , deadlines for the assignments were all so close to each other and the worse was when there were more than one submissions in a day . I even submitted two of my assignments late for just a few minutes ! It was my first time submitting my assignments late in my 2 years of poly life :/
Fourthly , when I wanted to revise for Abnormal Psychology exam , I realised that the lecture notes were useless . I've always been working with the lecture notes for my tests this semester , by writing more notes on each slide if necessary . But the lecture notes for this module were really brief ; it did not cover much of what was to be tested ! This threw me into a major panic . I did not know what was the next step I should take as I realised that I do not study well when I highlight my textbook , but I was never a person who did well with typed-out notes as well . I knew I had to do something so I took a risk and I typed out notes ; 10 full chapters of notes . It took me a week to complete all the notes , a total of 46 hours . I will always remember how long I took to type out all the notes , cos' during that 46 hours , there were times I was on the verge to giving up on myself , on the exam , on my grades . I'm just glad I persevered and I have to really thank my boyf for doing all he can to push me on , even staying in Starbucks till 9plus at night just to accompany me and make sure I get home safely :)
Lastly , I got shit grades for my Abnormal Psychology individual assignments and group project , which affected me for quite a bit cos' I was so demoralised and so afraid I would have to retake the module . But luckily , I only found out about my grades after I finished the 10 notes . I went ahead and took the exam on 3rd March , I knew I gave my best already and that's good enough :)

This semester was really bad and I would not hope to get a good GPA this semester cos' I clearly know that I definitely did not put in my best effort for few of the assignments and I procrastinated ! I told myself I would study for Abnormal Psychology whenever I can , but I didn't . If I did not procrastinate , I would have noticed earlier that the lecture notes were not as useful and I could have started on my typed-out notes earlier , then I wouldn't have felt so at loss during my revision week .
But oh well , learn from my lesson and make sure I do not repeat the same mistake next semester .
I never expected that I could take so much stress and still manage my time well enough to finish my assignments and revision .
My threshold for stress has improved cos' of this semester and I am really happy :)
Oh anyway , after the exam on 3rd March , we had Student Internship Program (SIP) briefing . I'm so excited for SIP to start ! 6 more months to go !
We also had a talk on a Psychology Study Trip to Perth , Australia . It would be held during the second week of June holiday and I really want to go ! It's gonna be so interesting cos' we'll be visiting research labs and the better universities and we'll get to explore a little of Perth as well ! It's such a rare opportunity . It's probably the one and only study trip for me cos' after that I'll be having my SIP already . So excited for it !
Ok enough about school ~ hahahahas