When people learn that I study Psychology , they go " Wow , so you can read people's mind ? " , " Why did you choose to study Psychology ? " , " Is Psychology tough ? " .
No , I don't read people's mind , but I study their thoughts , their behaviors , their feelings . Yes , studying Psychology is tough and stressful but it is manageable .
More often than not when people ask me why I study Psychology , I would just tell them that the main reason is personal or I would just say cos' I want to help people out there . Only those who are really close to me know my true reason for joining the Psychology field and I would not reveal that reason here cos' of now , I do not feel comfortable nor ready to reveal that reason .
Why am I posting an entry about my course of study all of a sudden ?
Because throughout this 2 years in poly , there have been times when I questioned myself ; I asked myself why did I even go into Psychology , why am I here at all , and if I really have the ability to study Psychology ? These were those times when I felt so discouraged and demoralised and even felt regretful about my decision but these were also times that reminded me of why I chose Psychology and why I should not give up .
Constant reminders to myself why I so much wanted to enter into the Psychology field when I was only fifteen ; constant reminders to myself how hard I studied for my O levels to get to where I am today ; constant reminders to myself why I should not give up despite the difficulties I have faced and will face .
Passion is long-lasting and you know you are passionate about something or someone when the fire within you never ever burns out no matter what sort of circumstances you encounter along the way .
Psychology is my passion .
I found my passion for Psychology when I was only fifteen and some people around me back then doubted my ability to go into this field and they doubted my passion for Psychology . These doubts made me even more certain that I want to and I will go into this field and here I am today , a going-to-be year 3 Psychology student in TP .
Yes , I know it's just poly and in this society , a Diploma certificate earns you little in certain fields . But I am not bothered by what the society thinks , I am and I will continue to pursue Psychology in a university in the near future because I am truly passionate about Psychology . I will graduate and I will become who I want to be .
Anyone can doubt your ability , but do not doubt yourself !